2012 Affordable Green Neighborhoods Grant Program!!
Please let your contacts know about the 2012 affordable Green Neighborhood Grant program. This grant can help bring the first LEED ND project to Houston!!
Below is a summary of the requirements:
· $ 25,000 Grant
· Project must be in the US
· Project must be registered for LEED ND - $, 1,500(to be reimbursed if your project is selected)
· Project must meet the LEED ND prerequisites and the minimum 40 points required for basic certification
· Applicant must be either non-profit organizations or public agency involved in the ownership development or financing of the project
· For profit developer can be the applicant as long as they are working with nonprofit organization or receiving funding from local, state or federal funding source
· At least 30% of the rental units must be affordable
· At least 20% of the sale units must be affordable
· Infill and previously developed
· Within walking distance of public transportation
· Designed to strengthen existing communities through new amenities and jobs
· Include existing and new stakeholders in the development process
As a reminder, the deadline for the application is August 10, 2012
. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Casey Studhalter directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.